Wait! Stop! Don’t clean up Christmas just yet! Before we pack out all the decorations, let’s first pack in some gratitude with our kids.
As the lights still flicker in our children’s eyes,
chests full of wonder, cheeks flushed from thrill . . .
while the magic of Christmas is fresh, alive,
let’s pause all together; reflect and be still.
What’s next can wait; tomorrow, “the new,”
while we raise our smiles from gift to giver,
enveloping all in a warm “thank you.”
Today I have a quick and easy printable to help cultivate gratitude as we usher in the New Year together!
These fill-in-the-blank, coloring-page style thank you notes are as much for me and you as they are for our kids! I created these a few years ago for our son when he was just learning to write. I designed them to be fun, easy, and not overwhelming to parent or child! I hope they will be a useful tool to you in facilitating your child’s journey with gratitude. 🙂
About these Fill-In-the-Blank, Color-Me Thank You Notes:
- SUPER SIMPLE. That’s really all I want in life. Who’s with me?
- WON’T EAT UP THE PRINTER RIBBON: These thank you cards can be printed on plain cardstock and are black and white ONLY unlike all the full-color ones you can download (and then have to run to the office store to replace your ink cartridges halfway through).
- CUSTOMIZABLE & ART-FRIENDLY: Rather than just filling in words in the card, which most kids will likely view as a pretty boring and monotonous task, these cards are much more interactive. There are choices to be circled, highlighted, or bedazzled. There are little picture icons to be filled in with whatever art medium of the child’s choosing. Colored pencils, crayons, pastels, watercolors, stickers. . . these thank you notes are blank canvases for your little ones’ gratitude and creativity.
- VINTAGE LOOK, GRANDMA-FRIENDLY: Not every card needs a picture of Elsa or Wreck-It-Ralph. After all, the thank you note is not FOR Elsa or Ralph, and it’s almost always going to be for Grandma. These cards are not bold, in your face, cartoony, or obtrusive in any way. I aimed for simplicity when I created them. Don’t kids have enough bombarding of the senses these days, and at Christmastime especially? These are thank you notes. Customizable for the recipient.
- VERSIONS FOR BIRTHDAY AND CHRISTMAS: This pdf includes four different versions of the same basic thank you note. Two for birthday (one is for guests who attended the party, and another is for those who just sent a gift), and two others for Christmas (one is for tangible gifts and another for gift cards, cash, or money gifts).
- SMALL, FLAT CARD SIZE FOR STANDARD MAILING: These cards are flat, no folding required (you know . . . keeping it simple) and will fit in regular greeting card envelopes. This is to make your life easier, after all! If you want more of a pop of color, these cards can be mounted on colored cardstock and will still fit easily into standard envelopes. Then again, your child may very well add enough color all on his or her own! 😆
HERE THEY ARE! Ready to download and print!
I hope you enjoy these customizable thank you cards! If you do, please leave me a comment or share with a friend!
Thanks for reading!
Love, ~Our Holistic Homeschool~
2 Replies to “Finish with gratitude! FILL-IN-THE-BLANK THANK YOU NOTES (pdf)”